Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Anticipation....

Why is everything always worse in your mind than what actually happens?
On Tuesday I had an appointment with the dermatologist. I have always had moles, but some of them grew larger with my pregnancy with Ella. Not many of them are round, they are all oddly shapen, I'm weird, what can I say. So, I was completely freaked out that I was going to walk in and hear, Skin Cancer, Pre-Cancerous, or, lord forbid, Melanoma.
To make it even better, the first available appointment was on a Tuesday so I had to bring Aubrey with me. Oh, andplusalso, I left the diaper bag at work, an hour away.
Well, it was really pretty easy peasy, Aubrey woke up as soon as I parked, awesome. So I prepared for the worst. We had to wait about 20 minutes to be called back and then another 20 minutes in the room, where I got to wear a gorgeous hospital gown. Woo Hoo.
When the Dr. came in I was terrified of putting Aubrey down, figured she would scream bloody murder like any other time I put her down and so it would feel like the longest appointment EVER. But alas, the kid is happy if you stick her in her car seat, in front of a mirror, with a skin cancer pamphlet.
Every single are of skin was examined and all of my moles were looked at under a portable microscope. I have to remember the sunscreen every time (I'm good about lathering up the girls and forgetting about myself), and come back annually for skin checks. My next appointment is in 6 months though as 2 of the moles had a pin point sized dot in them and they want to check them out sooner than in a year to make sure they don't change. I was told they could biopsy the heck out of me but everything looked healthy under the microscope, so unless things change, I'm good.
Phew, what a load off!
After the stress of the appointment, it was a nice change of pace to meet up with a Bloggy friend for lunch. I got to meet up with Rachel (great name, huh?!) from Baby Makes Three.....And Now Four!
So that was awesome, I was excited to have only 1 child with me at a restaurant and she was excited to get her baby fix. =) So glad it worked out! We were able to talk about kids, life, etc, and just have a good lunch with a friend.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I didn't realize that was the appointment you had! I am glad everything looked good and it was so good to meet you!


My photo
I'm a 20 something working mama. I married my best friend on October 7, 2006 and we welcomed our oldest daughter in to this world on February 2, 2010 and our second daughter blessed our lives on February 3, 2012. This blog is mainly for me to write down all of the memories from this wonderful time in our lives and to share it with family & friends (old and new).



B&R Plus 1 More


Munchkin Land Designs

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved